[oe] Busybox 1.5.0 available for testing

Marcin Juszkiewicz openembedded at hrw.one.pl
Tue Apr 3 09:17:06 UTC 2007

Dnia wtorek, 3 kwietnia 2007, Mike (mwester) napisał:

> Busybox 1.5.0 is committed.  It is marked with preference = -1, so it
> should NOT be automatically included in anyone's builds.

thx

> It's considered less-than-stable upstream, so be prepared for anything
> to happen with it.  I re-did the patches that are applied, a couple of
> them no longer seem pertinent at all, but since they are referenced in
> the busybox.inc file, I don't know how to "un" specify them for 1.5.0
> and higher versions.

require busybox.inc

SRC_URI = "...."

this will overwrite SRC_URI in recipe

> I'm sure the .bb file could use a cleanup, but that will probably take
> a better bb person than I.

I am thinking that we should drop ALL our patches to busybox in more
recent versions and check each one does it is useful and if is then
submit it upstream. Some of our BB patches have 3-4 years...

--
JID: hrw-jabber.org
OpenEmbedded developer/consultant

       In theory there is no difference between practice and theory