[oe] versioning madness

Marcin Juszkiewicz openembedded at hrw.one.pl
Tue Apr 3 10:01:04 UTC 2007

I think that you should ignore fact that your machine is not wide used and
submit your changes into OE. For example I do not know does anyone other
then me use ProGear support in OE but this does not stopped me from
adding it.

You can also create own branch in monotone database where you will
cherrypick needed changes from .dev tree (or even use .dev tree locally
with your changes commited into database).

Other way is bb collections where you set which tree is more important
then others. But here I can't tell how it handle misc PR in both trees.

You can also use PR ="s88" in your tree as "s" > "r" and use same numbers
as OE ones to get info how synced you are.

There are many methods - I would choose first one.

--
JID: hrw-jabber.org
OpenEmbedded developer/consultant

               Don't personalize computers. They hate that.