[oe] RFC: U-Boot package clean up

Øyvind Repvik repvik at kynisk.com
Tue Apr 10 17:32:19 UTC 2007

On Tuesday 10 April 2007 19:20, Philip Balister wrote:
> Øyvind Repvik wrote:
> > I think I moved uboot-utils away from the uboot-utils directory and into
> > u-boot. Either way, it's not quite done yet. I'll take a look at them and
> > remove whichever one is "wrong".
> >
> >>   uboot-utils_1.1.2.bb <- This is PR5 and the one in the uboot-utils is
> >> PR4
>
> I think uboot-utils belongs in the u-boot directory.

Yes. The correct .bb is in the uboot-directory, but the patches in
packages/uboot-utils/u-boot-1.2.0/ weren't moved at the same time.
I'll move that first ;-)

> Can we modify u-boot.inc to create the u-boot-utils package internally?

IIRC, "make all" also builds the utils. This would be the best way to build
the utils, instead of a separate u-boot-utils.bb.

My strategy would be something like this:

Remove 1.1.2 and 1.1.4 (unless someone uses them, of course)

Move as much common stuff into u-boot.inc as possible.

Add u-boot-utils as a sub-package of u-boot.

What do you think about that?

Øyvind