[oe] OE a deterministic build system?

Leon Woestenberg leon.woestenberg at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 18:30:35 UTC 2007

Rolf,

On 4/9/07, Rolf Leggewie <no2spam at nospam.arcornews.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am pulling my hair out and losing faith in OE being a deterministic
> build system.

I have to second this concern, although I agree that it's probably all
host related (or timing related, such as the quilt-native issue when
multithreading bb tasks).

What I would like to see more, is that we help find these
creeping-in-dependencies from the host by building eachothers builds,
or other ways to help find the remaining details.

I am currently chasing a bug that prevents me from building a bb
target on a Gentoo system, which perfectly works on Ubuntu hosts.

Both starting with the prerequisite tools and a clean source dir etc.

Regards,

Leon