[oe] deterministic OE builds - multiple providers

Leon Woestenberg leon.woestenberg at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 08:32:59 UTC 2007

Hello,

in trying to build my OE snapshot with a small extra bitbake
collection to keep mildly customized .bb files across different Linux
hosts.

In tracking down a host dependency I found that in cases where
multiple providers are present, the behaviour is undeterministic, i.e.
a provider is picked more or less randomly.

Can someone confirm this?

If this is the case, can we make it obiligatory to demand that in this
case one single provider must be explicitly and unambiguously defined,
and otherwise fail the build?

Regards,
--
Leon