[oe] versioning madness

Leon Woestenberg leon.woestenberg at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 09:57:05 UTC 2007

Tom,

On 4/11/07, Tom Walsh <tom at openhardware.net> wrote:
> Philip Balister wrote:
> > Tom,
> >
> > Have you looked at bb collections?
> >
> > http://bitbake.berlios.de/manual/ch04s02.html#id870544
> >
> > I think they will do what you want. You can keep separate data and
> > chose which data takes priority in case of duplicate packages.
> >

> AH! Thank you!  That is exactly what I need.

Yep, bitbake collections to the rescue.

Note that you should carefully make sure you have no "Multiple
providers" and "Consider specifying PREFERRED_PROVIDER" messages left,
as they seem to work undeterministic in that case when using bitbake
collections.

If you specify a PREFERRED_PROVIDER for each such package, it works brilliantly.

Regards,

Leon

--
Leon