[oe] gcc (and others) missing some links to binaries

Rodrigo Vivi rodrigo.vivi at gmail.com
Thu Apr 12 20:26:39 UTC 2007

Hi all,

When I was using mamona I've noticed that gcc was installed but
without the gcc command... Then I realized that in package there were
only this files

/usr/bin/arm-mamona-linux-gnueabi-gcc
/usr/bin/arm-mamona-linux-gnueabi-gccbug

but not the /usr/bin/gcc or gccbug

Then I tried to build angstrom to see if this error was happening just
in mamona and for my surprise the gcc deb package for angstrom just
have this 2 binary files too:

/usr/bin/arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi-gcc
/usr/bin/arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi-gccbug

I've noticed that this is happening to binutils too...

Does any body have any idea about it?

I've noticed that do_install() function of gcc-package.inc try to create a link:
cd ${D}${bindir}
ln -sf ${TARGET_SYS}-gcc gcc

This is creating the link at
tmp/work/armv5te-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/gcc-4.1.2-r0/image/usr/bin

but not in
work/armv5te-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/gcc-4.1.2-r0/install/usr/bin

and I believe that deb package is using install directory not image
one when building...

Do you have any idea?

Thanks in advance...

vivijim