[oe] RFC: Task-base rewrite

Marcin Juszkiewicz openembedded at hrw.one.pl
Fri Apr 13 06:19:54 UTC 2007

Dnia piątek, 13 kwietnia 2007, Rod Whitby napisał:

> No tests yet, but it has the support of nslu2-linux distros.

;)

Idea of splitting into separate packages comes from my discussions with
Richard about differencies between Poky task-base and OE task-base.
During last Easter I had more time to think about correct implementation
and wanted to make small rootfs creation easier then it was before.

And nslu2 rootfs is big - Cliff Brake created 1.7M rootfs for his Compulab
board.

Cliff: can you look at task-boot contents and tell does it need something
removed/added to create minimal image?

> I especially like the dropbear/openssh selection capability.

Too many people complain about having dropbear in their rootfs ;)

--
JID: hrw-jabber.org
OpenEmbedded developer/consultant

      I don't know. I don't care. And it doesn't make any difference.