[oe] Making /var/lib persistent

Paul Sokolovsky pmiscml at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 11:53:08 UTC 2007

Hello Jamie,

Thursday, April 19, 2007, 4:49:50 AM, you wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 18, 2007 at 07:24:15AM -0700, Koen Kooi wrote:
> [...]
>> Sound like a good idea, do you have a patch for this?

> Try this out:

>   http://twibble.org/dist/oe/var-volatiles-1.patch

> I've tested it locally both with and without tmpfs mounted on
> /var/volatile and all seems to work as expected.

        I tried this with Angstrom builds, seems to work OK either.

> I modified the base-files recipe to create the /var/volatile

        The only concern is all this override files patchery. I wish
we had for fstab the same machinery as for autoconf site files -
ability to merge standard template with per-machine overrides. But
well, lack of such shouldn't be cause of delay with this patch, hope
to see it soon in mainline!

[]

--
Best regards,