[oe] Wifi and Bluetooth support in task-base

Marcin Juszkiewicz openembedded at hrw.one.pl
Mon Apr 23 14:49:00 UTC 2007

Our task-base is restructured now into separate task-base-* ones. Each
feature got own metapackage and task-base contain all needed ones for
machine.

But there comes problem. Many of our devices have PCI or Pcmcia/CF or USB
Host functionality but do not have integrated Wifi or BT so users adds
external 'cards/dongles' to get it. With current task-base they do not
get them working without installing extra task-base-* packages.

I wrote small patch which change this. If Distro feature wifi then machine
with pcmcia/pci/usbhost feature will get task-base-wifi added into
task-base. Same goes for Bluetooth.

Someone can say that why not add usbhost support for pcmcia/pci machines -
All our pci machines already feature usbhost. USB controllers for cf
devices are expensive so only small amount of users have them.

Read patch, comment, complain.

--
JID: hrw-jabber.org
OpenEmbedded developer/consultant

               Beware of Programmers who carry screwdrivers.
               		-- Leonard Brandwein