[oe] HEADS UP: insane.bbclass will now detect and stop the build on wrong RPATHs.

Leon Woestenberg leon.woestenberg at gmail.com
Thu Apr 26 19:58:25 UTC 2007

Hello Justin, Koen, others,

On 4/26/07, Koen Kooi <koen at dominion.kabel.utwente.nl> wrote:
> Attached patch replaces bogus rpaths with '/lib' inside insane.bbclass. There
> are several things wrong with this approach, but it's a start.

I would consider this the best approach until we have figured out
where we have to move this to instead. Your patch will:
- remove the host paths, or replace them with something safe: /lib
- thus remove a theoratical security hole if /tmp is involved.
- thus speed up library loading on the target, by removing the
overhead of the target's linker trying a handful (~15) paths that will
not resolve for sure.

The proper place is somewhere in the shared library handling. Probably
we do not need 'chrpath' but possibly we can override the rpath
directly during linking.

This needs some investigation, but I suggest we include your patch so
that builds are not broken anymore.

Regards,
--
Leon