[oe] HEADS UP: insane.bbclass will now detect and stop the build on wrong RPATHs.

Leon Woestenberg leon.woestenberg at gmail.com
Fri Apr 27 00:02:44 UTC 2007

Hello,

my earlier heads up was not as critical as first expected: many
packages seem to be ok, but some are not.

As the previous scanelf output always included the filename under
investigation, we had a lot of false positives.

scanelf -BF%r#F <some_file> is the way to go.

A very easy way to see if any files contain a host-side RPATH is to run:

scanelf -R -BF%r#F <some_dir> | grep <your_oe_dir>

I'll continue in bug #2140.

Regards,

Leon