[oe] perl 5.8.8 is ready

Jamie Lenehan lenehan at twibble.org
Sun Apr 29 12:59:09 UTC 2007

On Sat, Apr 28, 2007 at 06:19:04PM +0200, Rolf Leggewie wrote:
> Jamie Lenehan wrote:
>
> > You need to build perl-native 5.8.8 and then perl 5.8.8.
>
> I tried DISTRO=sharprom-compatible.  perl-native-5.8-8 builds fine, but
> unfortunately, perl itself still has issues.  Bug 1700 is not yet resolved.

That uses an old out-of-tree toolchain doesn't it?

I suspect that the gcc_s linking issue would be fixed. The other
issue looks to be related to the compiler version being used. Can you
attach the configure and compile logs for perl 5.8.8 builds using the
sharprom toolchain to the bug? I'll then take a look at it and see if
it can be fixed.

Thanks.

--
 Jamie Lenehan <lenehan at twibble.org>