[oe] perl 5.8.8 is ready

Junqian Gordon Xu xjqian at gmail.com
Mon Apr 30 07:00:24 UTC 2007

Jamie Lenehan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I think I've got perl 5.8.8 to the stage where it is ready for use.
> As this is a pretty big and complex system and I've made some rather
> large changes to the way the build happens I'd like to get some
> reports from other people that it works for them before removing the
> DEFAULT_PREFERENCE = "-1".
>
> You need to build perl-native 5.8.8 and then perl 5.8.8. (You always
> have to build the matching -native version of perl first.)

perl-native-5.8.8 builds fine but with the following error

ERROR: QA issue: libgettextsrc.la failed sanity test (reference to
workdir or installed)
ERROR: QA issue: libdb-4.3.la failed sanity test (reference to workdir
or installed)
ERROR: QA issue: libgettextpo.la failed sanity test (reference to
workdir or installed)
ERROR: QA issue: libltdl.la failed sanity test (reference to workdir or
installed)
ERROR: QA issue: libgdbm.la failed sanity test (reference to workdir or
installed)
ERROR: QA issue: libfakeroot.la failed sanity test (reference to workdir
or installed)

perl-5.8.8 build failed. Detail in the attached log file.

Gordon