[oe] Gstreamer and rpath

Stanislav Brabec utx at penguin.cz
Thu Aug 2 12:38:02 UTC 2007

Michael Krelin wrote:
> >> I don't know much about gstreamer, but being inventor of
> >> OE_LT_RPATH_ALLOW I felt obliged to look into gst-plugins.inc and I'm
> >> guessing it should be:
> >
> > Maybe it would be better to not break build environment and then work
> > around consequent errors by hacks like OE_LT_RPATH_ALLOW,
> > never-ever-do-rpath.patch etc.
> >
> > gcc has --sysroot which can do required linking without any hacks.
> >

> Generally, I tend to agree, but in practice I'm afraid that would amount
> to rewriting the whole OE...

No.

1. and 2. and 4. should be change of about 20 lines (change xxxx_CC from
e. g. "arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi-gcc" to e. g.
"arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi-gcc --sysroot=/OE/build/tmp/staging/arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi").
I only could not find correct lines.

If anybody tell me the correct location, I can do test bootstrap with
the new options.

5. is low priority, after 4. it will become NOP

6. Is already done, it should be enough to change check pattern in the
QA stuff.

3. and 7. break packages (e. g. findutils) not depending on CC
definition and has to be fixed manually anyway.

And if 8. will be done (in far future), most individual fixes in 7.
could be removed.

--
Stanislav Brabec
http://www.penguin.cz/~utx/zaurus