[oe] The future of "svnnow"

Richard Purdie rpurdie at rpsys.net
Sat Aug 4 23:39:51 UTC 2007

On Sat, 2007-08-04 at 13:34 +0200, Leon Woestenberg wrote:
> On 7/31/07, Richard Purdie <rpurdie at rpsys.net> wrote:
> > As people know the ability to build the latest head revisions of svn
> > (for example) repositories in OE with bitbake has been limited and less
> > than ideal.
> >
> Yes, exactly the stuff we run into.
>
> > To solve the problems I have made the following changes:
> >
> ...A very detailed list of changes...
>
> Could you explain what this means to a not-really-core-developer like
> me, i.e. what is the proposed exposure of your changes?

Just considering svn packages to keep this simple, package versions
change to become:

PV = "x.y.z+svnr${SRCREV}"

eg. "3.6+svnr90" for svn revision 90

You can set

SRCREV_pn-somepackage = "90"

in a .conf file to force a particular revision or it will automatically
increment the revision when svn head changes if its not locked down.

Whilst SRCDATE will still work, use of it will be removed for svn
packages in OE and replaced with SRCREV.

Cheers,

Richard