[oe] STAGING_LIBDIR_NATIVE needed in bitbake.conf

Richard Purdie rpurdie at rpsys.net
Tue Aug 7 08:52:10 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-08-07 at 08:22 +0200, Marcin Juszkiewicz wrote:
> STAGING_LIBDIR_NATIVE sounds ok for me

I'd certainly prefer STAGING_LIBDIR_NATIVE rather than paths with the
"/../" in them :). I'm wondering if we need it though?

> > Anyone have any heartburn with this approach to resolving this problem?
>
> It should be done in classes/native.bbclass not in ncurses-native. The
> problem is wider as there are few distributions which have host versions
> of stuff other then OE use as native. As a result building of native
> stuff which depend on native libraries can fail - when you will set
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH in native.bbclass then it should work.

Just to be clear, this is a problem with ncurses-native? If so,
STAGING_LIBDIR_NATIVE == STAGING_LIBDIR due to native.bbclass anyway so
we don't need the _NATIVE version?

We'd only need a _NATIVE version if our cross compiled packages needed
to reference something there explicitly (like they do some of the
binaries). DoO we need to do that (and if so, which package and why)?

Setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH for native.bbclass sounds like a worthwhile
experiment...

Cheers,

Richard