[oe] The future of "svnnow"

Richard Purdie rpurdie at rpsys.net
Sat Aug 11 23:38:52 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-08-03 at 01:26 +0100, Richard Purdie wrote:
> Just an update on the current status:
>
> On Tue, 2007-07-31 at 09:49 +0200, Koen Kooi wrote:
> > Richard Purdie schreef:
> > > 2. Handling of multiple SCMs in the SRC_URI. The plan here is simple,
> > > any package doing this has to set SRCREV_FORMAT specifying the format of
> > > the SRCREV string. get_srcrev() can collect the SCM revisions, fill out
> > > the string and return it. The format and inner workings of this are open
> > > for discussion and to be determined.
>
> Not Done. Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Now done.

URIs are tagged with a name field e.g.:

SRC_URI "\
svn://someurl/someplace;module=somemodule;name=myname1 \
svn://someurl2/someplace2;module=somemodule2;name=myname2 \
"

and then you set:

SRCREV_FORMAT = "myname1_rmyname2"

and you set it to however you want the SRCREV part of the version field
formatted. This could result in:

SRCREV = "123_r456"

> > > 6. Add policy control variables to control the wiping of BB_URI_HEADREVS
>
> Not Done.

Now done.

You can set this in local.conf:

BB_SRCREV_POLICY = "cache"
BB_SRCREV_POLICY = "clear"

"cache" preserves the cached data, clear wipes it each time bitbake
runs.

That should make SRCREV feature complete, it just needs lots of testing
now, the manual needs updating and then we can release bitbake 1.8.8.

Cheers,

Richard