[oe] Reminder: autotools 2.61 will be made default tomorrow

Stanislav Brabec utx at penguin.cz
Sun Aug 12 12:06:52 UTC 2007

Koen Kooi wrote:

ERROR: '/OE/org.openembedded.dev/packages/autoconf/autoconf-native_2.61.bb' failed

It seems that we have a new requirement for the build environment:
/OE/build/tmp/work/x86_64-linux/autoconf-native-2.61-r0/autoconf-2.61/build-aux/missing: line 54: help2man: command not found

After installation of help2man from distro repository, it works.

I based my build environment on SuSE minimal compilation chroot. Here is
(maybe outdated) list of required additional packages in the build
environment.

If you are interested, I can retry bootstrap of an actual OE to update
this list.

bison: Probably no more needed, added to native.
python-devel: I don't remember why.
subversion: For fetching.
diffstat: I don't remember why.
git: For fetching.
help2man: For autoconf-2.61.
monotone: For fetching org.openembedded.dev.
zlib-devel: Probably ne more true, bug 2561.
unzip: Probably no more needed, added to native. For spectrum_fw.
wget: For fetching.
gcc gcc-c++ libstdc++: Initial compilation.
gcc33: Even if qemu now accepts gcc4, at least in SuSE it does not work.
bc: For linux-rp on collie.