[oe] [oe-commits] org.oe.dev linux 2.6.22: Alix boards use bzImage kernels

Marcin Juszkiewicz openembedded at hrw.one.pl
Mon Aug 20 12:12:17 UTC 2007

Dnia poniedziałek, 20 sierpnia 2007, Koen Kooi napisał:
> Marcin Juszkiewicz schreef:
> > Dnia wtorek, 7 sierpnia 2007, Richard Purdie napisał:
> >> On Tue, 2007-08-07 at 15:56 +0200, hrw commit wrote:

> > Right - I looked at it and prepared patch. It removes
> > KERNEL_IMAGETYPE = "zImage" entries from kernel recipes and also sets
> > this variable into bzImage for x86 machines which already use that
> > type of kernels. Rest of machines are untouched (yet) - I can convert
> > them if we reach consensus about it.

> What about poking machine maintainer to start using linux.inc direcly
> as well instead of duplicating it?

Some parts of linux.inc stuff should probably go into kernel.bbclass so we
will get it included in all kernel recipes. Things like EABI/OABI
automagic for ARM, creating of archive with kernel modules are nice
addons.

But linux.inc is another thing then KERNEL_IMAGETYPE cleanup. But I have
to admit that I missed it during first part of cleaning.

--
JID: hrw-jabber.org
OpenEmbedded developer/consultant

  I don't know what your problem is, but I'll bet it's hard to pronounce.