[oe] 2007.2 compilation failed with package uicmoc4-native-4.0.3

Dr. Michael Lauer mickey at vanille-media.de
Thu Aug 23 09:43:19 UTC 2007

Koen Kooi wrote:

> mickeyl at linuxtogo.org schreef:
>> From OpenMoko-community:
>>
>> Rod Whitby wrote:

>>> Install the host software package which provides the XI.h file.
>>
>>> It'll be some X11 extensions development package.
>>
>>> Then update the OEAndYourDistro page on the openembedded wiki to
>>> highlight that package as a requirement for your host distro.
>>
>> Hmm, since when is uicmoc-native requiring X? If I recall correctly, I
>> had always chosen to build the respective -embedded variant of Qt to
>> not impose the need of having X on the build machine. It looks like we
>> are now building qt-x11 as provider for uicmoc4. Why did we change that?

> Because we needed the one from 4.3 which only has an x11 variant.

Nah, Qt/Embedded is still there -- they just uploaded it under a wrong
name to their ftp server:

ftp.trolltech.com/pub/qt/source/qtopia-core-opensource-src-4.3.0.tar.gz

I'd really like to see this X requirement on the build machine being removed.

Regards,

:M:
--
Michael 'Mickey' Lauer | IT-Freelancer | http://www.vanille-media.de