[oe] [PATHC] ATAG export for the linux kernel

Richard Purdie rpurdie at rpsys.net
Fri Dec 7 11:38:48 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-12-07 at 11:06 +0000, Uli Luckas wrote:
> Hans Henry, thanks for testing. Good to know it worked for you. Let's
> see how we can get this thing pushed upstream.
>
> 1) I put this on the OE list as the original code is maintained in OE. And
> that's why I'd like the code to be pushed to the OE repository first.
> I am not really an OE developer though. Is someone willing to do the OE
> integration to give my patch a home?

I'm happy for the userspace side of things to be added in OE. I have
some reservations about the way the kernel patch is added to the zaurus
code, particularly about the way the kernel commandline is handled from
the broken bootloader and I need to find some time to look at that. I'm
fine with the patch in principle though, I just want it right when its
added (and preferably upstream too, the existing zaurus changes will not
be accepted upstream).

> 2) I need to push the kernel patch via Russell. Mike, I have not heard your
> opinion. Will you support this patch?
>
> 3) I need to push my userspace work. My work is based on code by Richard
> though. Richard, please jump in and let us know how you'd like to proceede?

I did try and find the kexec-tools maintainer but got distracted and
never got back to it. Does anyone know who we need to send this to? I
will try and get that done this weekend...

> I'd really like to see kexec working on arm without any patches soon.

Agreed. I'm sorry I haven't found time to look at this yet, I will try
hard to do so this weekend.

Regards,

Richard