[oe] [oe-commits] org.oe.dev sanity.conf: bump bitbake to 1.8.9 for lockfile changes

Richard Purdie rpurdie at rpsys.net
Fri Dec 7 16:37:10 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-12-07 at 14:16 +0100, Koen Kooi wrote:
> koen commit schreef:
> > sanity.conf: bump bitbake to 1.8.9 for lockfile changes
>
> > -BB_MIN_VERSION = "1.8.8"
> > +BB_MIN_VERSION = "1.8.9"
>
> It turns out bitbake-1.8.9 doesn't have a tag in svn, and requires
> people to use the stable bitbake-1.8 branch or trunk.

Right, 1.8.odd are the unstable svn versions.

> The bump was needed after merging fixes from poky, which I realised
> require features not present in bitbake 1.8.8.
> I'm not to keen on backing out the package_ipk fix, since it fixes a lot
> of problems.
>
> So, how do we proceed from here?

The only difference between the lockfile function I added in trunk and
the one used in the class is that lock files which are finished with
aren't removed.

I'd therefore suggest removing the "bb.utils." prefixes and add the
lockfile and unlockfile function definitions back along with the import
fcntl. That should work just fine.

Cheers,

Richard