[oe] RFC: merging recipes from Jalimo

Leon Woestenberg leon.woestenberg at gmail.com
Wed Dec 12 13:29:52 UTC 2007

Hello Robert,

welcome aboard. A remark from my side, although I do not use java much:

I see the compile task assumes the availability of "javac".

javac -d build -source 1.4 -sourcepath source `cat $list`;

How do you expect this to be available on the host? Will any javac
that's out there be good enough to use?

Currently, OpenEmbedded tries to rely on a defined set of host tools
to be installed, and my concern is that we now must add one (out of a
set of acceptable) java compiler to that external dependency list. If
so, we must do so carefully.

Regards,

Leon Woestenberg.