[oe] bash-completion for bitbake

Filippo Basso filippo at zirak.it
Thu Dec 13 22:26:22 UTC 2007

Holger Freyther ha scritto:
> Am 13.12.2007 um 09:04 schrieb pHilipp Zabel:
>

>> On Dec 13, 2007 12:04 AM, Filippo Basso <filippo at zirak.it> wrote:
>>
>>> For everybody interested,
>>>    I'm attaching here a small bash-completion script that I'm using.
>>> (other scripts will be sent soon)
>>> if somebody will make any improvements, plz send to me too...
>>>
>>> (maybe somebody else already did... but I haven't found, can be
>>> useful
>>> to put it in the website? you OE guys see, if there is no way to put
>>> there, I'll upload in a personal page about my work on OE...?
>>> suggestions well accepted)
>>>
>>> thanx,
>>>    phy
>>>
>> Very nice! Can't we put this somewhere in OE/contrib?
>> I think it would be nice if bitbake could provide this information
>> itself,
>> maybe making use of the cache. This would also allow to add
>> versions and virtual providers to the autocompletion.
>>

> Hey Filippo,
> what license is the completion under? I would like to put it into
> http://svn.berlios.de/viewcvs/bitbake/trunk/bitbake/contrib/
>

> z.

Thank you for the proposal!
    I think that the bitbake license is perfect, GNU GPL v2 or any other
later version.
anyway:
* attached is a newer version that try to autocomplete the "-c" option
with the more common tasks (it's not possible to do listtasks, as the
package will be typed later...)(I hope I've listed all the more common ones)
* about use of the cache, I tried to use also the autocompletion one (it
reduce of ~30% the time), but I then removed as it's not so accurate,
expecially because autocompletion is useful for developers, where .bb
files can change a lot... can bitbake cache be better in this regard?

phy