[oe] Help with bitbake

Eduardo Giacoman giacoman at gmail.com
Fri Dec 14 15:27:27 UTC 2007

Hi,

I'm new to OpenEmbedded and I've got an error which cannot find the
solution. I followed the GettingStarted guide and set up everything, but
when i do "bitbake gpe-image" or just "bitbake" it gives me the following:

$ bitbake gpe-image
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/stuff/bitbake/bin/bitbake", line 134, in <module>
    main()
  File "/stuff/bitbake/bin/bitbake", line 114, in main
    cooker = bb.cooker.BBCooker(configuration)
  File "/stuff/bitbake/lib/bb/cooker.py", line 65, in __init__
    self.parseConfigurationFile( os.path.join( "conf", "bitbake.conf" ) )
  File "/stuff/bitbake/lib/bb/cooker.py", line 353, in
parseConfigurationFile
    bb.fetch.fetcher_init(self.configuration.data)
  File "/stuff/bitbake/lib/bb/fetch/__init__.py", line 97, in fetcher_init
    pd.delDomain("BB_URI_HEADREVS")
  File "/stuff/bitbake/lib/bb/persist_data.py", line 66, in delDomain
    self.connection.execute("DROP TABLE IF EXISTS %s;" % domain)
sqlite3.OperationalError: attempt to write a readonly database

I googled it but only found 2 posts that said it needed to install sqlite >
3.3.0, so I apt-get installed sqlite3 but still have the same problem.

$ sqlite3 -version
3.4.2

Also tried apt-get install sqlite but version was 2.8.17, and then removed
them and install from source latest (3.5.3).
Any help will be appreciated,

Eduardo Giacoman