[oe] [ANN] New 'base-image' created (Was: [RFC] Add ipkg to minimal image)

Rod Whitby rod at whitby.id.au
Sun Dec 16 10:08:47 UTC 2007

Paul Sokolovsky wrote:
> Sunday, December 16, 2007, 11:20:59 AM, you wrote:
>> It is required to always be small enough to fit in the internal flash of
>> an NSLU2 (as an example of the smaller end of flash sizes that OE
>> supports).
>
>   So, how little size did you achieve?

Not as small as I would like.  I did it using standard task-boot and a
couple of task-base packages, rather than do a custom package set up-front.

I expect it will be a good test case for determining what is appropriate
in task-base-foo packages ...

Be prepared for some packages to be removed - there is still a lot of
fat in there which is not strictly required by the defined image package
inclusion criteria.

-- Rod