[oe] RFC: Renaming uboot-utils

Paul Sokolovsky pmiscml at gmail.com
Mon Dec 17 22:19:12 UTC 2007

Hello Koen,

> Andy Wilcox schreef:

>> A few kernels will need to add the u-boot-utils-native dependency,
>> notably the linkstation.  I'll make these adjustments in the commit.

> And witness the joys of using linux.inc: automagic dependency on mkimage
> for machines that need it!

  Actually, that magic is pretty dumb ;-) :

# Not every device needs mkimage to generate a kernel image, but lets make OE a bit more
# friendly and increase the "Just Works(TM) factor. Building uboot takes only a minute.
DEPENDS += " u-boot-mkimage-openmoko-native "

P.S. As of now, u-boot, u-boot-utils-native,
u-boot-mkimage-openmoko-native all stage mkimage. Waste. Need to
cleanup.

--
Best regards,
 Paul                            mailto:pmiscml at gmail.com