[oe] [oe-commits] org.oe.dev PDA-like machines with card slots: Enable "vfat" feature.

Paul Sokolovsky pmiscml at gmail.com
Tue Dec 18 19:22:53 UTC 2007

Hello pHilipp,

[]

> My concern is not about image size, but about watering down the
> meaning of those variables.
> Already now fic-gta01.conf adds the vfat and ext2 kernel modules to
> MACHINE_EXTRA_RRECOMMENDS
> manually, maybe because it doesn't need hdparm. And I bet there is
> more duplication like that.

  No, they're there because it's typical vendor-maintained machine.
And vendors usually care to get there stuff done quickly, not
correctly or beautifully, and possibly have their weird ideas/requirements
how stuff should be done. (And we know how it ends - following this
special-attention phase, one sweet day vendor moves to another toy,
and dumps previous one completely, for user community to cleanup all
that "speciality").

  So well, given speciality of OpenMoko itself, I don't dare to commit
changes to their machine configs, but intend to prepare patches with
extra care and submit for Graeme's review.

--
Best regards,
 Paul                            mailto:pmiscml at gmail.com