[oe] RFC: drop quilt version 0.39

Robert Schuster theBohemian at gmx.net
Fri Dec 21 00:48:05 UTC 2007

Hi.

Paul Sokolovsky schrieb:
> Hello Koen,
> To elaborate, I hope that we'll revamp OE support for using external
> toolchains for building single packages, because it seems that people
> have got a stereotype that OE is for building entire system from
> scratch (at that would be too limiting - why I'd use top-notch
> solution to build a whole distro while revert to using adhoc tools to
> build packages for 3rd-party systems?)
I second this. At jalimo we heavily use OE to build packages for Maemo.
I find this much more sane than endlessly fighting with scratchbox ...

> For example, I just pushed openwrt-sdk distro config, which allows
> to build packages against OpenWRT SDK. Due to OpenWRT dependencies, it
> may be required to build older than the latest versions of some
> packages.
Would be fun to bring OpenWRT people to a point where they only manage a
small set of core packages and create every other package using OE ...

Regards
Robert