[oe] [RFC] BogoFeeds reloaded

Koen Kooi k.kooi at student.utwente.nl
Sat Dec 22 15:13:06 UTC 2007

Paul Sokolovsky schreef:
> Hello Koen,
>
> Wednesday, December 19, 2007, 2:20:26 PM, you wrote:
>
> []
>
>>> +
>>> +       if [ -n "${FEED_LOCAL_BASE_URI}" ]; then
>>> +           for arch in ${PACKAGE_ARCHS}
>>> +           do
>>> +               echo "src/gz local-$arch ${LOCAL_FEED_BASE_URI}/$arch" >> ${IMAGE_ROOTFS}/etc/ipkg/local-$arch-feed.conf
>>> +           done
>>> +       fi
>>>  }
>>>
>>> So, you set FEED_LOCAL_BASE_URI to the root of deploy dir as exported
>>> by Apache, and - voila - you get nice collection of per-arch local feeds in
>>> the image.
>
>> Could you add a comment in image.bbclass and local.conf.sample on how to
>> use this, since it looks quite the same as FEED_URI to a new user, but
>> is quite different? And while you are at it, update the OE usermanual as
>> well?
>
>   Ok, to make it more precise, I've renamed it to
> FEED_DEPLOYDIR_BASE_URI. Added comments here and there.
>
>   Edited also the manual, it lacked and FEED_* description at all, so
> I've added section on it. I also rearranged chapters in manual so it
> was more natural to learning reader: Intro - Getting Started -
> everything else. Now, questions about manual availability. Is
> http://www.openembedded.org/user-manual updated anyhow?

It's being updated hourly for the org.openembedded.documentation branch
on monotone.openembedded.org

> It lacks
> changes I made ~week ago to describe ASSUME_SHLIBS.

Those changes aren't in the db on monotone.openembedded.org, did you do
'mtn sync monotone.openembedded.org org.openembedded.{dev,documentation}' ?

> There's no
> mentioning of PDF manual on OE site, instead, there's news somewhere
> deep on Angstrom site. And http://www.openembedded.org/%7Ekoen/usermanual.pdf
> it links to dated 2007-10-09.

'make pdf' was having some troubles, so it is html only for the time
being. The angstrom folks provide a pdf version out of courtesy.