[oe] New arch in OE

Valentin Longchamp valentin.longchamp at epfl.ch
Sat Dec 29 15:30:29 UTC 2007

Hello,

I would like to add a new arch to OE since I have been building a distro for
our new system using this system.

The system is a robotics aimed custom-designed board which is based on a
i.MX31 SoC. I have a custom kernel, so I will need a new kernel recipe
(already exists, based on mx31ads kernel recipe by Liam) and I have added a
few custom config files for our needs (for USB networking config and drivers
for instance).

I would like to include all these changes to the OE "mainline" and become the
maintainer for this arch. How could I do this easily ?

My second question is more about the chosen distro. I have been using
Angstrom, because it is one the most well known disto based on OE and use the
minimal images of Angstrom to have a usable but light system. Is this good or
is there a distro that is better suited to my needs (for instance I don't
need for now avahi or these kind of things) ?

Thank you, best regards and I wish you all the best for 2008 (keep rocking on
with OE !)

--
Valentin Longchamp
PhD Student