[oe] [RFC] AVR32 stuff

Ilya Yanok ilya.yanok at gmail.com
Sun Dec 30 01:05:06 UTC 2007

Hi Robert,

2007/12/25, Robert Wörle <robert at linuxdevelopment.de>:
> Are you on irc ? am there at #oe at irc.freenode.com most of the time.
> you will find me by searching for
> rob_w
Yes. I'm there but not always. My nick is yanok.

> Would you like to send me local.conf ? and did you do any chances to oe
local.conf is pretty simple:
MACHINE = "at32stk1000"
DISTRO = "oavr32-uclibc"
BUILD_ARCH = "i686"
PREFERRED_VERSION_linux = "2.6.23"
DEBUG_OPTIMIZATION = "-O0 -g"

Ok, I defined my own distro oavr32-uclibc (actually a pair
oavr32/oavr32-uclibc but former is unusable as there is no glibc on
avr32 AFAIK) based on generic/generic-uclibc distros. Changes are
mainly toolchain components preferred versions. I've attached these
files.

PREFERRED_VERSION_linux = "2.6.23" is just hack to get some kernel
compile as for now I prefer to compile the kernel outside oe. In the
right case we should provide new kernel recipe (something like
linux-avr32) and choose it via PREFERRED_PROVIDER_virtual/kernel =
"linux-avr32" from machine configuration.

> to build cleanly ?
Actually a lot of.

> The segfault will be easy to debug. Did you use the basic minimal image ?
Yes, the one created by bitbake minimal-image

> Did you also boot the kernel from the minimal image or are you using the
> atmel kernel.
As I said before I compile the kernel by hand but ...

> A segfault right at the init stage many times is due to a differend libc
> used of the kernel and the init process ( in our case busybox )
I believe kernel don't use libc at all. It may be incompatibility in
compilers ABIs but I tried to recompile the kernel with compiler built
by oe and get the same result (I don't get many segfaults really,
there is only one and then system hangs).

With best regards,
                           Ilya.