[oe] RFC: New version of linphone (console only unless there are objections)

Rod Whitby rod at whitby.id.au
Thu Feb 1 21:09:14 UTC 2007

I have checked in linphone_1.6.0.bb for your edification (with
preferred_version = -1).  This will be used with yeaphone-0.1.bb to
allow a cheap usb handset connected to an NSLU2 to be a VoIP solution.

I am just packaging this - the work was done by Thomas Reitmayr (see
http://www.devbase.at/voip/yeaphone.php for details).

There are commented-out sections for GPE support, but (as far as I know)
 they have never been tested.

Unless anyone objects (i.e. they want GPE support, and are willing to
test it in 1.6.0 and maintain it), I propose removing the
default_preference=-1 in a couple of days time and making the
console-only 1.6.0 version the default version in OE.

If someone does object and is willing to maintain the GPE version, then
I am happy to rename the console-only version to linphone-console, and
to split out the common bits to a .inc file.  But *only* if someone is
willing to maintain the GPE version as I have no OE device with a GUI (yet).

Any objections?

-- Rod