[oe] Steps to Build a kernel

Mr. Suhas Ghosh suhas7860 at rediffmail.com
Mon Feb 5 09:39:43 UTC 2007

Hi All,
   I want to make a simple kernel for ARM926EJ-s.
   I checked the Getting Started in the site.
   But all are not clear and I also tried the First Project
   mentioned there.
   I think I have to write three conf files
   and then from inside build I have to run bitbake bootstrap-image.
   If I am wrong I need your help.
   Three conf files are like this
   1.build/conf/local.conf
   2.org.openembedded.dev/conf/machine/machinename.conf
   3.org.openembedded.dev/conf/distro/machinename.conf

My path is like that
  /home/suhas/openembed/org.openembedded.dev
  /home/suhas/openembed/build
  /home/suhas/openembed/bitbake
  /home/suhas/openembed/OE.mtn
and I use these two export command
export BBPATH=/home/suhas/openembed/build:/home/suhas/openembed/org.openembedded.dev
export PATH=/home/suhas/openembed/bitbake/bin:$PATH

Now when I tried to run bitbake bootstrap-image from huild it always giving
ERROR:unable to open /bitbake/conf/bitbake.conf files.

But when I am using the default conf file and running
bitbake nano it is running.

I can not fing out where is the problem.
So please help.

                                Thanking you in advance
                                      suhas