[oe] Can I do SRC_DIST_LOCAL without a recompile?

Jan Janssens janjans321 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 5 10:09:05 UTC 2007

On 2/1/07, Jan Janssens <janjans321 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have an existing (quite static) OE.org compiled distribution that
> I'm not particularly keen on recompiling from scratch. Is there any
> smart automated way to distribute the sources without a recompile?

I've been digging into this a little more and found that
sourcepkg.bbclass is probably more along the lines of what I need.
What I'd like to do is for some selection of packages run ONLY the
steps needed for sourcepkg generation (e.g. do_unpack,
create_orig_tgz, do_patch, create_diff_gz).

Right now, I don't really know where to begin. I'll have to write some
bash/python combination script that makes specific bitbake calls I
guess...
Could anyone point me into the right direction?

Thanks,

Jan.