[oe] GNU Classpath, gconf-dbus inconsistency

Andrew Paulsen andrew.paulsen at gmail.com
Wed Feb 7 14:34:18 UTC 2007

On 2/6/07, Koen Kooi <koen at dominion.kabel.utwente.nl> wrote:
> It's located here: http://developer.imendio.com/projects/misc/gconf-dbus, but still 2.6.x.x

Does this version even work with dbus 1.x?  I just tried to run
gconftool-2 on my target system and I'm getting:

$ gconftool-2 -R /apps
(process:5130): GConf-WARNING **: Client failed to connect to the D-BUS daemon:
Failed to execute dbus-launch to autolaunch D-Bus session

(process:5130): GConf-WARNING **: Client failed to connect to the D-BUS daemon:
Failed to execute dbus-launch to autolaunch D-Bus session
Failure listing entries in `/apps': No D-BUS daemon running

But dbus-daemon is running and dbus-launch seems to work:

$ dbus-launch
DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS=unix:path=/tmp/dbus-UrHL5MiZOc,guid=c32ef74496031f67cd2b64003b232bd3
DBUS_SESSION_BUS_PID=5323

I really don't know much about dbus or gconf so there is a good chance
that I'm just missing something here.

Andrew