[oe] OE Booth during fosdem

Philippe De Swert philippedeswert at scarlet.be
Wed Feb 14 21:40:23 UTC 2007

Hi,

On Wed, 2007-02-14 at 13:11 +0100, Marcin Juszkiewicz wrote:

> > Is it a good idea to make a hardware donation box where companies
> > donate hardware that we port to openembedded ?
>
> idea like idea - we need to consider how to server such requests

Do think of promoting this beforehand. I don't think there will be many
people going: "Oh I have this ${DEVICE} in my bag somewhere with all
cables and power supply. Please have it." People usually don't carry
surplus HW with them. A little money donation box might be a good idea
as well. It is easier to organize and people usually carry money to
FOSDEM (you just need to convince them to give it to you instead of
O'Reilly :-)

Cheers,

Philippe

PS: /me hopes to have some time to drop by and say hello