[oe] QA issues with pkgconfig files

Paul Sokolovsky pmiscml at gmail.com
Thu Feb 22 07:43:53 UTC 2007

Hello Koen,

> Koen Kooi schreef:

>> Possible solutions:
>>
>> 1) set PKG_CONFIG_PATH to ${STAGING_LIBDIR}/pkgconfig
>>    +easy fix
>>    -requires to re-run do_pupulate_staging for all packages
>> 2) symlink one dir to the other
>>    +fixes hardcoded paths
>>    -requires manual intervention to fixup files present and/or complete rebuild
>> 3) have pkgconfig.bbclass delete one dir each run
>>    -requires every packages that has .pc files to inherit pkgconfig
>>    -ugly
>>    -error-prone
>>
>> Do you have any other solutions, and if not, which solution do you prefer?

> 4) have pkgconfig.bbclass sed _every_ .pc file in staging each run.

  Why staging? Shouldn't we add sanitize_XXX(filename) where XXX is
any type of file insane.bbclass checks for, and call it around
do_install? Plus, add sanitize_XXX_recursive() for lazy folks, who
will search for broken stuff in install dir itself - just like insane
currently does, except it will fix it on spot ;-)

--
Best regards,
 Paul                            mailto:pmiscml at gmail.com