[oe] [RFC] base_less_or_equal() for numerical value testing in OE

Paul Sokolovsky pmiscml at gmail.com
Tue Feb 27 22:07:12 UTC 2007

Hello Koen,

> Paul Sokolovsky schreef:

>>   Well, that's good explanation from the point of view of birbake's
>> limitation we (still) have, but I'd like to approach from another side -
>> of what usecases we face. So, there was one case when
>> base_conditional() was used for checking ROM size too,

> Checking for ROM size is bogus, since you can't write to it anyway, and should be removed.
> I suspect you mean 'flash size'.

  Sure. ROOT_FLASH_SIZE is the parameter being checked. And I hope
layman's using of "ROM" and "Flash" as synonyms won't confuse real pro's.
In particular, I hope that if a vendor with mask-ROM based design will
review OE as their software integration solution, the fact that the
parameter is called "ROOT_FLASH_SIZE", won't make them think they
can't be served by OE ;-).

--
Best regards,
 Paul                            mailto:pmiscml at gmail.com