[oe] Reverse-engineering SD specs for collie

Rolf Leggewie no2spam at nospam.arcornews.de
Thu Jan 4 16:54:52 UTC 2007

Anthony and Patrik, great.  Thank you.

I made a little entry on the FAQ page at wiki.openzaurus.org shortly
after sending out my mail.  Maybe you want to commit to your pledge
there as well.  http://wiki.openzaurus.org/FAQ

On a more general note, we should discuss about when the bounty shall be
paid out.  I made the current wording more strict to be on the safe
side.  Getting a patch into upstream kernel would of course be the
ultimate goal, but I would be happy to pay even before that goal is
achieved (for example if main devs accepted the patch into OE).  This is
something we need to discuss.

I am somewhat inexperienced with bounties but I think having a clear and
measurable goal is important both for the willingness of contributors to
pledge and for devs to go ahead and do it.  I wonder if there are any
online tools one can use to manage the process better and increase
visibility.  A quick google hunt turned up the following:

http://www.opensourcexperts.com/
https://launchpad.net/bounties/
http://bountycounty.org/
https://www.bountysource.com/
http://donorge.org/

Any comments?  This is something of general interest for OE, I think.