[oe] Bitbake task dependency stamp handling

Marcin Juszkiewicz openembedded at hrw.one.pl
Sun Jan 7 19:23:52 UTC 2007

Dnia niedziela, 7 stycznia 2007 19:54, Koen Kooi napisał:

> > If we move away from the digraph which isn't really needed anymore,
> > taskData has the complete dependency tree available to it and the
> > option of rebuilding the whole system if you recompile gtk becomes
> > possible.
> >
> > At face value this sounds really useful. I'd guess that almost every
> > OE developer would find it insanely annoying in practise though?
>
> Annoying, maybe, correct behaviour, yes. Option for local.conf?

It will be good thing. But I think that there must be kind of option to
tell which exactly package force other to be rebuilt. I would like to be
able to ignore situation where gcc packaging change introduce rebuild of
everything. But if gcc change and gtk+ will be also changed then I want
to do build which will rebuild all gtk+ dependend recipes.

Having option in local.conf probably will be easier for bitbake parser
then providing list of recipes which force 'own childs' to be rebuilt.

I think that this is a place where we need some kind of UI which will be
able to request action from us (but rather on start of build then during
build - many of our builds goes without any interactive usage (nightly
runs etc).

--
JID: hrw-jabber.org
OpenEmbedded developer/consultant

    42? 7 and a half million years and all you can come up with is 42?!