[oe] A question of workflow

Patrick Ohly Patrick.Ohly at gmx.de
Mon Jan 8 21:43:45 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-01-08 at 22:13 +0100, Koen Kooi wrote:
> So after every first commmit the tree is in a broken state, where-as if a developers
> applied a fixed patch in one go it wouldn't be.

That's exactly why I had suggested that a developer should commit on a
branch, fix the patch there and then propagate all changes from the
branch. As I learned since then this does not work with monotone because
monotone only propagates the final revision.

What do you think about commiting the original patch, fixing it,
commiting again, and then pushing all these changes? This is the model
suggested by Justin.

>  Sounds like your concept is badly broken.

So what do you suggest should be done instead?

Ignore anything that a revision control system might be able to do and
let external contributors sort it out manually or with quilt/patcher?
Sorry, that doesn't sound very encouraging.

--
Bye, Patrick Ohly
Patrick.Ohly at gmx.de
http://www.estamos.de/