[oe] RFC: get rid of virtual/libsdl

Paul Sokolovsky pmiscml at gmail.com
Mon Jan 8 22:02:15 UTC 2007

Hello Koen,

> Marcin Juszkiewicz schreef:
>> I see more and more reports where people has problems with building SDL
>> stuff just because they have 'virtual/libsdl == libsdl-qpe' in build

[]

> move libsql-qpe to packages/obsolete/libsdl/, that way people that want it can still build
> it and innocent bystanders don't get hit by the issues you mentioned.

  Isn't that too much of action for the original problem of people
selecting it to build SDL apps and having problems due to this?
There's nothing wrong with libsdl-qpe per se (patching matter is
highly subjective), it's just the SDL implementation for OPIE/QTopia.

  So if it's considered harmful to build against it, let's kill any
virtual/libsdl source-package overrides using it. But both libsdl-x11
and libsdl-qpe should RPROVIDE same virtual package to the package
manager.

--
Best regards,
 Paul                            mailto:pmiscml at gmail.com