[oe] RFC: get rid of virtual/libsdl

Marcin Juszkiewicz openembedded at hrw.one.pl
Mon Jan 8 22:20:58 UTC 2007

Dnia poniedziałek, 8 stycznia 2007 22:40, Paul Sokolovsky napisał:
>   Well, that was one of questions I had in mind: why there're separate
> builds of SDL apps for GPE and OPIE - it would be kinda natural to
> expect SDL ABI to be the same on both.

ABI is same - backends differ. libsdl-x11 is normal pure upstream version
configured for X11 backend. libsdl-qpe is overhacked version configured
for QT/E 2.x - and in current .dev it gives too many linking problems.

> But of course it would be nice if this RFC would let for some time
> to do such testing.

Which kind of testing you suggest? I can run build and provide results.

--
JID: hrw-jabber.org
OpenEmbedded developer/consultant

           time is what keeps things from happening all at once