[oe] Please help me

Justin Patrin papercrane at gmail.com
Thu Jan 11 00:17:35 UTC 2007

On 1/9/07, Debasree Mallick <debasreeat at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Matthew,
>
> I want to use the prebuilt toolchain for ARM 9 target...But i could
> not....As i skip the command
> #bitbake world  as it will take 35GB
> will it necessary to use the pre buitd toolchain in OE?????...

I'm sorry, I'm not sure how all that connects.

If you want to use a prebuilt toolchain you should be able to as long
as it is in your path and you set ASSUME_PROVIDED to included the
toolchain recipes.

If you don't want to bitbake world you don't have to. Just bitbake the
specific things you want.

It is not necessary to use a pre-built toolchain but you are welcome
to if you wish.

> If u can please ans me...
> Thanks
> Debasree
>
> On 1/5/07, Matthew Palmer <mpalmer at hezmatt.org> wrote:
> >
> > [Again, a relevant subject line would help]
> >
> > On Fri, Jan 05, 2007 at 05:14:18PM +0900, Debasree Mallick wrote:
> > > When i type bitbake nano...then
> >
> > [snip]
> >
> > > NOTE: package fakeroot-native-1.2.13: started
> > > NOTE: package fakeroot-native-1.2.13-r1: task do_fetch: started
> > > NOTE: fetch http://openzaurus.org/mirror/fakeroot_1.2.13.tar.gz
> > > --17:11:00--  http://openzaurus.org/mirror/fakeroot_1.2.13.tar.gz
> > >            => `/root/sources/fakeroot_1.2.13.tar.gz'
> > > Resolving openzaurus.org... 85.214.40.226
> > > Connecting to openzaurus.org|85.214.40.226|:80... connected.
> > > HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 302 Found
> > > Location:
> > http://openzaurus.linuxtogo.org/mirror/fakeroot_1.2.13.tar.gz[following]
> > > --17:11:01--
> > http://openzaurus.linuxtogo.org/mirror/fakeroot_1.2.13.tar.gz
> > >            => `/root/sources/fakeroot_1.2.13.tar.gz'
> > > Resolving openzaurus.linuxtogo.org... 85.214.40.226
> > > Reusing existing connection to openzaurus.org:80.
> > > HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 404 Not Found
> > > 17:11:02 ERROR 404: Not Found.
> >
> > Ooooh bugger.  It looks like the source mirror has lost the fakeroot
> > tarball; but that's a pretty old version of fakeroot -- I'm surprised
> > there
> > isn't a newer version in the tree.  I've never needed to build fakeroot to
> > build things like nano, though.  That might be because I've already got
> > fakeroot installed on my machine, though, so perhaps you could give that a
> > shot?  It's not a /solution/, as such, but it'll at least get you going.
> > Meanwhile, someone probably needs to either find that source tarball
> > again,
> > or update the tree to use a newer version of fakeroot.
> >
> > - Matt
> >
> > --
> > With enough people around there's a probability ~=1 that one of them is an
> > MCSE and will give you the wrong answer to your problem.
> >         -- Toni Lassila, in the Monastery

Justin Patrin