[oe] Nokia 770, GPE, Angstrom

Andrew Barr andrew.james.barr at gmail.com
Thu Jan 11 17:37:02 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-01-11 at 11:26 -0500, Andrew J. Barr wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have flashed my Nokia 770 with a self-built rootfs using
> "angstrom-2007.1" as the DISTRO and "nokia770" as the MACHINE. Target
> was 'gpe-image', branch was org.openembedded.dev. I flashed it using
> Nokia's version 3 flasher:
>
> ./flasher-3.0 -f -k zImage -r rootfs.bin
>
> I applied the patch to sysvinit mentioned here[0].
>
> It goes successfully. The device starts up to the Nokia logo (NOLO
> bootloader I assume) but the screen fades to white. According to the
> document linked below, the initial startup takes a while. Am I just
> being impatient or am I doing something wrong? I notice there's no
> initfs built by OE, not sure if this is needed.

It does not boot after about half hour. I think I know why:

I forgot that I had hacked the nokia770 build to use plain
xserver-kdrive instead of xserver-kdrive-omap. This is because it does
not build; the configure script fails because it is missing the
pkg-config file xextensions.pc. Searching the ML archives I see
pre-modular-X stuff has been removed from OE. Does updated, plain Kdrive
support the OMAP / Nokia 770 graphics or do I need to figure out how to
build (or file a bug against) the old Xomap server to run OE on my 770?

Regards,
Andrew Barr