[oe] [Familiar] Re: [announce] new tagged version of ipkg

Paul Sokolovsky pmiscml at gmail.com
Fri Jan 12 19:31:37 UTC 2007

Hello Matt,

> On 1/11/07, Erik Hovland <erik at hovland.org> wrote:
>> > Tarball?
>>
>> No tarball at this time. If one is desired it can be facilitated.
>>
>> > ChangeLog?
>>
>> The ipkg/C/ChangeLog has been updated:
>>
>> 2007-01-11 erik ( erik at hovland.org)
>>         * Version update to 0.99.164
>>         * Fixed usage of temporary files to be more secure
>>         * Closed several potential memory/file descriptor leaks
>>         * Cleaned up warnings in several parts of the code
>>         * Added checking to libbb/unzip.c so it did not use tainted data
>>         * Changed code in several places where it is possible to dereference an invalid pointer

> I'd like to see this added to the ChangeLog:

> * Converted from storing metadata in flat files to storing it in an sqlite db

> Of course, a bit of work might be needed to actually make that a true
> statement. ;-)

  I really have an itch for that myself, I just wonder if less steep
start can be made here, like to add separate simple hash-based index for
Packages file, so it was quick to look up package by name. Of course,
if that could help depends on ipkg code, and I didn't yet have chance
to peek at...

--
Best regards,
 Paul                            mailto:pmiscml at gmail.com