[oe] Deprecating ixp4xx, nslu2 in favour of endian-specific machine settings (Was: RFC on MACHINE_ENDIAN)

Richard Purdie rpurdie at rpsys.net
Tue Jan 23 20:34:32 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-01-24 at 06:07 +1030, Rod Whitby wrote:
> Are you referring to the existing SITEINFO_ENDIANESS (sic) variable
> (which I only just found ...) ?

Yes.

> Sure, if that is a guaranteed supported variable I can easily use that
> one instead throughout.

Its a recent addition and was a spinoff from the siteinfo changes which
tried to merge the site files for big/little endian etc. (it came
basically for free). Its certainly supported and I'm encouraging its
use. The big benefit is any new arch would need site files and if you
add site files this all just then works :)

Cheers,

Richard