[oe] Advertising Policy on mailinglists

Holger Freyther freyther at gmx.net
Wed Jan 24 22:03:10 UTC 2007

Am 24.01.2007 um 20:25 schrieb Cliff Brake:

> On 1/24/07, Holger Freyther <freyther at gmx.net> wrote:
>
> I would prefer commercial postings be allowed and when they get to a
> volume that they are  distracting, move them to a dedicated list.
> But, then maybe it would be good to set up a dedicated list now before
> people get in the habit of using this list?  At any rate, it seems
> commercial interest should be encouraged if possible.

I totally agree that commercial interest should be encouraged I just
want to avoid getting this list hijacked by things that only remotely
have to
do with OpenEmbedded. I quite enjoy purely technical lists :)

So what about asking our LinuxToGo friends to create a
marketplace at lists.linuxtogo.org where product announcements, job seekers
and job offers can find their luck?

Comments, opinions?

	h.